quite a surprise: though I'd heard that the forecast was calling for snow, I hardly expected to open my curtain this morning to such a winter wonderland. I was so excited that I of course immediately skyped into the past (calling to a time zone well to the west) just to shove my laptop at my window to share the view. It was delightful! Though I had to resort to sneakers-- this immediately marks you as an American since Europeans don't seem to consider them a viable option for footwear outside of a workout-- the day was still excellent. Somehow a light blanket of snow makes all of Paris a bit more magical, from the subway station on my morning commute through my afternoon errands to my walk home at the end of the day. Though there wasn't enoughThursday, December 17, 2009
A little extra magic in the city
quite a surprise: though I'd heard that the forecast was calling for snow, I hardly expected to open my curtain this morning to such a winter wonderland. I was so excited that I of course immediately skyped into the past (calling to a time zone well to the west) just to shove my laptop at my window to share the view. It was delightful! Though I had to resort to sneakers-- this immediately marks you as an American since Europeans don't seem to consider them a viable option for footwear outside of a workout-- the day was still excellent. Somehow a light blanket of snow makes all of Paris a bit more magical, from the subway station on my morning commute through my afternoon errands to my walk home at the end of the day. Though there wasn't enough
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment