Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Bienvenues Chez Moi

I thought I would share a few extra pictures of my home as I'm quite proud of and pleased with it.




























I've been working steadily to deck it out for hosting guests. Yesterday was perhaps one of the best feats yet: trekking through the Paris metro system with the world's largest (and most brightly colored) beanbag. I recruited Declan's help for the effort at the advice of the woman selling this brightly colored beast, though it turned out the bean filling is excessively lightweight and I definitely could have handled it on my own. Still, the experience of wandering through Chatelet, Paris' largest and busiest metro station, with this beanbag was far better shared. When you feel that ridiculous, it's really good to be able to laugh, and when you're laughing alone in a subway car full of people, good things are rarely assumed.



PS: If you look closely at the photo of my room, you will indeed spot a baguette on my bed next to my purse. I was pretty hungry, so only one of them actually made it to the photo...

No comments:

Post a Comment