I was walking through the Parc Montsouris on my way to lab when suddenly I noticed them: little scattered patches of new life were bursting through the ground just beside me. Forget this "Pelouse au Repos" stuff (effectively, "Keep off the Lawn," literally, "Lawn at Rest"), in a heartbeat I was belly down in the grass, purse tossed beside me, enjoying the first flowers of the season. Quite suddenly, my morning walk was filled with vibrant colors and the promise of spring. The pit stops in the park and then along Avenue René Coty were well worth arriving in lab a bit late this morning.Wednesday, March 3, 2010
Paris in Bloom
I was walking through the Parc Montsouris on my way to lab when suddenly I noticed them: little scattered patches of new life were bursting through the ground just beside me. Forget this "Pelouse au Repos" stuff (effectively, "Keep off the Lawn," literally, "Lawn at Rest"), in a heartbeat I was belly down in the grass, purse tossed beside me, enjoying the first flowers of the season. Quite suddenly, my morning walk was filled with vibrant colors and the promise of spring. The pit stops in the park and then along Avenue René Coty were well worth arriving in lab a bit late this morning.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment