Wednesday, March 31, 2010

A Last Look around UPMC

This week I survived what should be, in theory, the last set of exams I'll ever have to take. This past fall I'd been obliged to go to the UPMC (Université Pierre et Marie Curie) campus on a nearly daily basis. Having found the Parisian architecture to be one of its greatest allures, it was painful to be forced to spend six or more hours a day inside what may easily be the biggest eye sore in central Paris. I realized, however, that this week would be the last time, excepting for some inevitable administrative hoop-jumping, that I would have to wander through the UPMC, so I tried my best to find some hidden gems within it. (The rapidly improving weather and the prospect of having, for the first time since I was about six years old, full weekends without homework or obligatory studying, undoubtably played some sort of role in my determination to find some beauty in this 1970s-esque architectural disaster.)

An even nicer arrival, though perhaps a bit stressful in the back-to-back timing right with exams, Esteban just arrived in Paris this morning shortly before my very last exam. He'll be spending this month visiting, giving me an excuse and a travel buddy for weekend excursions across Europe before the tourist season hits and prices skyrocket. Staying up late over conversation will be a welcome change of pace from late nights spent over packets of moderately comprehensible franglais neuroscience notes.

No comments:

Post a Comment