

Both the weather and my health seemed to have considerably improved since last night. When I looked outside, I was impressed to notice the clouds and realized that, indeed, at this height, I am living in them. They seemed to be worth a few photos. However, I’d hardly stepped outside with my camera when I was greeted by the welcome crew, Simba and el gato whose name, it turns out, is Fifi.
As much as Simba loves attention, both he and Fifi, much to her delight, are quickly realizing that I simply am more of a cat person. Fifi and I did

the rounds of the house. We had a bit of a chat. I am positively thrilled to have my first genuinely hispanic gato to baby talk in Spanish! I talk to all my cats in Spanish anyway,

but this time it feels so much more legitimate. Fifi also loves to chat, so this works great. Sometimes, however, she gets frustrated when I do not listen and begins climbing my leg to better direct my attention. Despite not always seeing eye to eye, Fifi and I always do reach a mutual understanding. (Do you think customs would notice if I smuggled out one Chilean gato?)
omg that cat is sooooo cute
ReplyDelete